Mandala To XLR?

libertytree

Mandala To XLR?

Post by libertytree »

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a product that can assign each Mandala to an XLR cable that I can plug into a mixer? Basically, I bought a few 2.0's a couple of years ago and never got my setup together until now. I am having trouble routing this USB midi controller to my DAW (Sonar) for recording purposes. I am using an Allen & Heath ZEDR16 mixer for all of my drum mic's, keyboard guitar etc. and would like to route my Mandala's to the mixer for ease of use and for live performance.
libertytree

Re: Mandala To XLR?

Post by libertytree »

Well, if anyone cares, I figured out how to record the Mandala's in Sonar X1. I just added the Battery VST as a synth to a track, then set the MIDI input for that channel as "Mandala 1355" or whatever your pad(s) come up as. Pretty simple but took me forever to figure out. Also, I didn't notice any threads where people were getting the VST to work with the DAW. Anyhow, this info would have saved me a lot of time, I hope it can happen for someone else. That being said, I would still like to find an option that will enable me to plug each pad into a channel on my mixer.
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

It depends on what audio interface you are using. Most interfaces have multiple outputs numbered 1-10 (or however many it has). In your DAW you would assign each channel that has an instance of Battery VST on it to a different set of outputs. Then connect those outputs from your interface to channels on your mixer. The pathway is as follows: each of your Mandalas is controlling an instance of Battery on a channel in your DAW and each of those channels is assigned to separate outputs on your interface and each of those outputs are connected to separate channels on your mixer.
lennox

Post by lennox »

This pathway sounds a little bit easier since I have not been able to rewire audio to my daw. Thus forth I should essentially be able to route audio from my PA head to my mixing daw console and record at the same time??

Thanks for any pointers, james
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

If you use the method I described in the last post you can just hit record in your DAW and each of the channels that has an instance of Battery on it will start recording what you play with the Mandalas. You won't have to route anything back to your mixing DAW console because that's where the audio is coming from in the first place. You'd end up having double the tracks if you did that.
lennox

Post by lennox »

Unfortunately im not using battery. so that circumstance would be out of the question?