Battery 3 Not Triggering Mandala Pads

FrankiePepe

Battery 3 Not Triggering Mandala Pads

Post by FrankiePepe »

Someone please help!!!

I have setup 2 Mandala Pads through USB Midi to Battery 3 and I have followed the settings from Tumblr page which explains the notes and key midi settings on both Virtual Brain and Battery.

It worked perfectly the first time through Battery and I have saved all settings. The next time I went to switch everything on to play it, some zones on the Mandala pads would not trigger at all and I have tried to reset everything and start from scratch, but still does not work perfectly.

Please help!
mandrake717

Re: Battery 3 Not Triggering Mandala Pads

Post by mandrake717 »

If you don't see the little musical notes lighting up white at the top of the Battery window when you strike the center of the Mandala then you should open the Virtual Brain program and check the zones triggering there. You might have to do a File>Preferences>Center Calibration in the Virtual Brain.
FrankiePepe

Post by FrankiePepe »

Thanks Mandrake717,

I have tried the re-calibration of the Pads and still the same problem. The little musical notes light up when I hit all zones of the pads, but still does trigger the sound on some zones.

Any thoughts?

Also on a different note; when I am playing my pads on Mandala Virtual Brain without Battery 3, randomly sometimes 1 pad will just drop out while I'm playing and I have to switch on the program and unplug the usb and start again. Do you ever experience that?

Thanks for your support!
mandrake717

Post by mandrake717 »

If those little musical notes are lighting up then there is MIDI getting to Battery from the Mandala. Try pressing and holding the zone on the Mandala. That would be the same as pressing and holding a key on a MIDI keyboard. Mandalas output from C3-F3 as MIDI notes so it's definitely one of those notes hitting Battery. Hold the zone to make sure the sample you have assigned to that cell isn't accidentally cutting off too quickly. You might have to adjust the volume envelope for that cell. Also, click on the cell with the cursor and make sure it at least triggers that way.

Another thing you can do if you are on a Mac is have the Virtual Brain running at the same time. If zones are triggering in the Virtual Brain and not Battery then your issue is with a Battery setting, not the Mandala.

About the Mandala having to be reconnected sometimes you should try a different USB port on your computer. Some ports are more reliable than others. Also, some other peripheral drivers (like wireless mouse or wireless keyboard) can mess up USB MIDI devices.
FrankiePepe

Post by FrankiePepe »

Thank a lot Mandrake717,

I will try that tonight and see what happens!

Thanks again!