macbook 6.1 setup

jewboy1975

macbook 6.1 setup

Post by jewboy1975 »

i have already downloaded both new updates for the vb3 and the rewire. the brain is acknowledging the strike but no volume shows on the meter to the right. also the mandala option is not showing up in the audio midi set up file. so frustrated! i have a 2.9. please help.
launch54321

Re: macbook 6.1 setup

Post by launch54321 »

Sounds like nothing is really wrong but you just haven't configured everything yet. This should be an easy one. As a note, make sure you haven't moved anything out of the Mandala folder that you dragged from the DVD. The program can't be sitting on your desktop or something without being in the folder where it belongs with all the support folders like Curves, Scales, Sound Library, etc.

FIrst, since the Brain is acknowledging the hits, that means your Mandala is definitely showing up in Audio MIDI Setup. Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to choose it in the pulldown menu in the Brain.

Please do the Mac setup steps from the online instruction manual (http://synesthesiacorp.com/Mandala_mk2.9_Manual) exactly step-by-step. Basically:

- Unplug the drum.
- Quit the program.
- Open Applications>Utilities>Audio Midi Setup (MIDI Devices Window).
- Plug in the drum and you'll see 'MandalaDrum####' pop up.
- Start the program.
- Go to File>Audio/Pad Driver Window and choose 'Mandala####' for Pad 1 and then setup the audio with CoreAudio for driver, etc. (just like in online Operator's Manual) until you hear 'Test Tone' when you press the test tone button.
- Load a preset for Pad 1, like 'Tommy Gun'.
- Hit the pad and sound comes out.
jewboy1975

Post by jewboy1975 »

i hear the test tone just fine. i programed tommygun on pad one and picked snare x3 z3 but i still have no volume coming out. all the files are in the folders.. should i delete everything and start over? although i dont know how to delete programs on a mac..actually i bought this mac for the mandala. any help is appreciated and thanks for the previous responce.
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

You should just drag the entire Mandala Virtual Brain folder (which includes the program and the library and scales, curves, etc.) into the trash and empty the trash.

Then follow the Getting Started steps from the Manual.

Don't worry about the updates. Install them after you get the basic program operating by following the step-by-step instructions from scratch.

If you get test tone but no sound when you hit the drum then something didn't go right with your complete install.
perry2884

Post by perry2884 »

I'm getting sound from the drum, but also a tone when hitting the pad as well. Like they are layered.