No Luck Getting My Mandala to Work.

SawMandala

No Luck Getting My Mandala to Work.

Post by SawMandala »

I'm new to the forum, but I hope someone can help me out.

I got my new Mandala today and began to set it up. I followed the instructions, including downloading ASIO4All. Everything seemed to going fine. Here's where the problems started:

When I went to set up the audio drivers under the File menu and selected ASO4All, I wasn't able to select an audio output. The only choices I had were off or output 1 not connected. When I tried a different driver, I was able to select output 1 and output 2. I was also able to get a test tone. However, even with that, I could get no sound from my pad, nor could I load any presets. None of the dials on the screen would work.

So now I'm stuck. I don't know what else to do. I'm running windows vista with 2GB of RAM and plenty of disk space. Also, the mandala shows up in my device manager. So everything seems to be connected and communicating fine. Very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mandrake717

Re: No Luck Getting My Mandala to Work.

Post by mandrake717 »

Sounds like there are 2 things going on here:

The first thing is to make sure you didn't move the Mandala Virtual Brain.exe program from the Mandala Virtual Brain folder where it belongs. Maybe you pulled the program out of its folder and put it on your desktop or something? It needs to be in its original folder right next to its support files and folders such as Scales, Curves, etc. where it was when you dragged it from the install DVD.

Regarding ASIO4ALL, your computer's audio outputs are not free for ASIO4ALL to use right now so you need to free them up. In the Virtual Brain under File>Audio/Pad Driver Window click on the 'Audio Driver Setup' button and the ASIO4ALL control panel will pop up. Toggle the little power button next to the name of your computer's analog audio output and it will free up that output. Now you can select it in the Virtual Brain Audio Driver Window next to Output Channel 1 & 2.

The steps above are listed in the Mandala Manual under Getting Started on page 5-6.
http://synesthesiacorp.com/Mandala_mk2.9_Manual
SawMandala

Post by SawMandala »

Thanks for the reply.

Since my last post, some things have changed. Here's what happened:
I went back and re-installed a different ASIO4ALL. That fixed my audio problem. However, a new one came up. My pad is only reading one zone. When I strike the pad, even in the center, the only zone that registers is the outer zone. I've tried to recalibrate the pad through the preference menu, but when I do, it locks up my computer. Then I have to close everything down and restart my computer.

Also, even with the above issue, not all of the presets work. I can strike the pad, (I get the same zone reading as above) but I get no sound.

Pretty frustrating. I even tried to install it on my iMac and it still won't work. :x

I'm not sure what else to do. I haven't found anyone else who has run into this.
turnkee

Post by turnkee »

Maybe the lugs are a little too tight around the edges. Try loosening them just a little bit.