Sensitivity on the MK2.9

Xenu

Sensitivity on the MK2.9

Post by Xenu »

Hi Guys,

I just received my MK2.9's and am having a little bit of an issue with the sensitivity. They pads register velocity of 1 and 127 easily but I am finding the dynamic range in between a bit inconsistent. I am finding that I reach 127 way too early. I would like to know if there is a way to dull the sensitivity of the pads. I am by no means hiting them too hard either (I have been playing drums for 15 years and pretty good dynamic control).

The performance is the same on both pads which leads me to believe that its not a hardware fault. Also the sensitivity towards the edges is not as good as the centre. I have to give them a good whack to get a 127 reading on the outer zones. Please tell me there is some way to address this issue other than in the VB as I use them with Ableton and other DAW's/VST's.

I also have the v2 pads and find that they require a greater whack to achieve a 127 than the v2.9's.

Cheers,

Damien
jaguitadrubas

Re: Sensitivity on the MK2.9

Post by jaguitadrubas »

Hey,

I found the same thing. . .

That the velocity levels 1-127 could be reached just fine but. . . 127 was reached to early and 1 was reached just a bit too late. . .

I think rather than dulling or sharpening sensitivity, maybe we should be able to have the option to increase or even decrease that range between hardest hit and softest hit? aka. increase or decrease the ratio?

I find it hard to explain, hahaha

Also, I contacted them about the centre being slightly more sensitive, they said something along the lines of "it happens because the main sensor is closer to the centre and therefore triggers easier." Which made sense to me. Using battery its less noticable though. . .

Cheers
rich

Post by rich »

Hi there,
I had contacted technical support about a similar issue and they advised that there is an internal adjustment pot that can be made to dull the sensitivity ( i think - apologies if this is not accurate). I would reccommend emailing to check!

Regards,
Rich
Davo86

Post by Davo86 »

Hey Xenu,

There IS an adjustable potentiometer (pot) inside the 2.0's so i'm making the assumption that the mk2.9's do as well. When you open up the pad you will see a small plastic screw in the chip that's it. Clockwise less sensitive, right for more
Just a word from the wise that when tweaking it only do it in small increments. It's quite sensitive, It took me a while to dial both my pads in to where I believe they are the same as the initial tweak was too far.

What are your thoughts on 2.0 vs 2.9? I use reason 5 with mine (2.0) and found them to be quite flexible.

Cheers and good luck.