how to? VB zone auto pan/pitch

yamahasca

how to? VB zone auto pan/pitch

Post by yamahasca »

Hi all,

Excuse my non-savvy language, but here's my question.

In the Virtual Brain software, under the setting titled "The Calling", the pitch section of the first zone is set to continually move slowly from 0 to -1. There don't seem to be any effects active, so I was wondering how to get this feature to work on other zones in custom presets. Also, there are some samples in the presets which continuously pan or change the pan location every time the zone is struck. How in hell do you do that in a custom preset? Thanks much!
MoonGreyBlue

Re: how to? VB zone auto pan/pitch

Post by MoonGreyBlue »

Hi,

Reference the Mandala manual; specifically "LFO settings" - you may find the answers there.

Maybe this link is useful:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-freq ... #section_3
turnkee

Re: how to? VB zone auto pan/pitch

Post by turnkee »

All through the Virtual Brain program you will see little rectangular buttons with the letter 'c' in them. Click on those to get to a Controller page for anything the button is on (upper right of each zone dashboard, upper right of each effect panel, etc.). Then in the controller page that pops up you can assign Strike Position or Strike Velocity or LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) to control almost any parameter for that zone or effect.

If you choose LFO then you can configure the LFO settings (oscillator shape and frequency) on the TOOLS page. You can also set the LFO to be 'trigger' or not, which means the oscillator starts over from the beginning of its waveform each time the pad is struck.