Slight Delay

brdrummer

Slight Delay

Post by brdrummer »

Hey everyone

My two mandala pads just arrived and I'm noticing quite a delay between striking the pad and generating a sound. I have been playing percussion for 8 years now and this is a noticeable problem. Has anyone else experienced any issues like this? Is there anything I need to adjust in the Audio Pad/Driver Window?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Brian
launch54321

Re: Slight Delay

Post by launch54321 »

I've run tests with an oscilloscope measuring the time between a stick actuating the membrane switch on the surface of my Mandala and the triggered audio signal coming out of the audio port (both on Mac and PC). With the right settings you can get the time between those two events below 5ms and actually close to 4ms. You've got to have the Buffer Size and Signal Vector Size set as low as they go before you start hearing any crackling in your audio output. Keep Sampling rate at 44100. External audio interface recommended, but not necessary for extremely low latencies. For PC, make sure to use ASIO4ALL as a driver. Built-in Windows audio drivers can't handle pro audio. For Mac, CoreAudio handles the job well.