V.2 pads with battery 4

Davo86

V.2 pads with battery 4

Post by Davo86 »

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to run the new battery 4 with my old V2 pads. So far i'm having a few problems understanding how to send zones to my pad so I can activate cells. Firstly does anyone use B4?

I'm used to using reason5 with the control burst app, I usually would select the number of zones then the midi channel then the corresponding note(s) I want and everything works fine.

How do I map my V2 to work with battery? Please help i've looked over the forum and can't seem to find anything that could help me in this instance. Does the mapping get done in control burst? if so how?

Also is there a way to "ZAP" the pad back to factory settings??

Thanks in advance Dave
mandrake717

Re: V.2 pads with battery 4

Post by mandrake717 »

The old v2 pads output any MIDI config that you want.

Control Burst will flash the pad to a set configuration: from C3 in Zone 1 to F#3 Zone 7 with Position Controller=3 and Velocity Controller=2. You choose the MIDI channel.

Control Burst EXP is more flexible and lets you assign any notes and channels you want for all 7 zones and whatever config you want for the Position and Velocity Controllers.

After that it's just an understanding of controlling Battery with a MIDI controller that matters. In your case the MIDI controllers are Mandalas. The Battery cells get triggered by whatever notes you set them to want on whatever channels you set.

Mandala v2 pads don't have a factory default setting. Their configuration is dynamic and changed with every preset of the old Virtual Brain software. Just opening the old Virtual Brain with a Mandala plugged in will takeover your Mandala and change it from any setup you zapped into it with Control Burst or Control Burst EXP.

Mandala mk2.9's, on the other hand, have a permanently set MIDI output configuration. The only thing you can change on those is the Position Controller # and the overall MIDI channel. The Zones are set from C3 to F3 and you adjust what that data does by altering the settings in whatever program you are controlling instead.