Hi-hat controller pedal and battery 4

Soave23

Hi-hat controller pedal and battery 4

Post by Soave23 »

So, I'm having difficulty emulating an authentic hi-hat. I have a hi-hat controller pedal and a mandala that I would like controlled by the pedal. I have set up the hi-hat pedal to midi channel 6, note c0, and controller # 1. It will trigger samples in battery 4 set to c0 when stomped. My mandala—midi 1 input— is set to the standard c3-f3. I will load an open hat sample in battery—set to be played on mandala midi 1— and set it to be activated on controller 1 values 0-63. Then I load a closed hat and set it to be triggered by the same mandala when the controller 1 values are 64-127. I can't get the controller values to alter the sample played by the mandala. No matter what I try, the mandala will play the cell—either open or closed hat—that I set up last; regardless if my hi-hat controller is depressed or not. Anyone else have trouble with this? Any solutions? I've contacted NI Battery support and they can't seem to figure it.
Soave23

Re: Hi-hat controller pedal and battery 4

Post by Soave23 »

I figured it out! The pedal and the pad must be set up on the same midi channel.