Performing computer less

Tobintech

Performing computer less

Post by Tobintech »

Okay silly question time, we know the midi channel, note and controller information is stored into the drum and the synapse units so is it feasible to control hardware without a computer? If so how does one set this up?
My idea is to have a couple of mandalas and a synapse with pedals all driving a MPC2500 that I would configure for this application and no computer in sight, I already do this with my v1 mandala and drumkat3.8, but was wondering if I could use the newer pads and synapse to my advantage in the same manner.
Slabwax

Re: Performing computer less

Post by Slabwax »

I'm also very interested in this. As much as I like the Mandala's and Synapse I'm not sure I'm going to keep them only because I just don't want to use a laptop in a live environment. I have NI battery 3 and if I could find a hardware equivalent that would allow me to use my Mandala set up I'd dance. I too use a Drumkat.
turnkee

Post by turnkee »

The iConnectMIDI can "bridge" USB MIDI gear to 5 pin DIN MIDI gear without a computer in between. iConnectivity doesn't make that model anymore but it looks like their new iConnectMIDI4 does the same thing.

Here is a thread about the first model with a Mandala:
http://synesthesiacorp.com/forums/viewt ... p?f=6&t=20
Slabwax

Post by Slabwax »

Thanks