2.0 and mk 2.9 connection tips

BlackRifle223

2.0 and mk 2.9 connection tips

Post by BlackRifle223 »

Hi,
Does anyone have any tips for connecting and using both the new mk 2.9 and the previous generation 2.0 with Virtual Brain 3.0? I have downloaded the patch off synesthesia's website and have successfully made my 2.0 work with VB 3.0. However, when I attempt to use both the mk 2.9 and the 2.0 at the same time (as pad 1 and pad 2), the mk 2.9 works fine, but the 2.0 will not register hits. I've made sure that I've powered on Pad 2 in the audio driver setup window and both pads are plugged directly into empty USB ports on my computer.

Would I have better luck using a powered USB hub to connect the pads?

Am I missing a step in adding a pad?

I'm using an M-Audio MobilePre USB Portable Audio Interface with Windows XP on a PC.

Thanks!

BTW - I love the new Mandala mk 2.9!
mandrake717

Re: 2.0 and mk 2.9 connection tips

Post by mandrake717 »

Sounds like the Converter patch isn't successfully converting your old pad, probably because you are on XP and you can't even choose your old pad in the Converter.

XP shows your old pad as 'USB Audio Device', so try using this version of the v2 Converter Utility instead, and choose 'USB Audio Device' in its pulldown window before you convert:

http://synesthesiacorp.com/Mandala_v2.0 ... er_UMD.zip

I had the same question and this took care of it.
BlackRifle223

Post by BlackRifle223 »

@Mandrake717- thanks a lot! I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks again for chiming in!

UPDATE: I got both drums to work simultaneously. It definitely helped that I downloaded the VB 3.01 patch as well as the steps recommended by Mandrake717.

UPDATE: I have my 2.0 pad working with VB 3.01; however, the VB is only registering one zone. Any suggestions?

UPDATE:Everything is working perfectly now. Once again, I'd like to thank Mandrake717 for all of his assistance.

Thanks again!
Last edited by BlackRifle223 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mandrake717

Post by mandrake717 »

That means you haven't successfully run the converter app on your old pad.

Make sure after you choose your pad in the converter pulldown menu and press the configure button that your pad puts out:

center=note 60
mid-in=note 61
mid-out=note 62
edge=note 63

Just look at the pad meter at the bottom of the converter app and hit your pad to verify this.

Also, maybe since you are still back on XP something is resetting your pad's memory when you quit the converter, so before quitting the converter go ahead and disconnect your pad. Then quit the converter and reconnect the pad then open the VB3.