mandala pad not sending data

kjo

mandala pad not sending data

Post by kjo »

I just got a mandala pad and although it is recognized by the virtual brain software, it won't respond when hit. Any ideas? I'm running it on a mac os x 10.6.8
turnkee

Re: mandala pad not sending data

Post by turnkee »

Make sure you didn't move the Virtual Brain application out of its home folder. It needs to be where it was when you installed it from the DVD because inside that folder it relies on all that other stuff like curves/scales/sound library/support etc. If you want to put the program on your desktop or somewhere then make an alias for it and put that wherever you want but leave the original in place.

Otherwise it'll do what you are describing.
kjo

Post by kjo »

I haven't moved any files out of their original place, I've checked all the driver settings and still nothing. The pad is definitely online as it appears in the audio/pad driver window. Is it possible to try updating the firmware on the pad itself? If so, where would I find the firmware file? Your help is much appreciated!
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

Maybe you should try File>Preferences>Pad Center Position Calibration
kjo

Post by kjo »

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I have tried recallibration, and it doesn't sense the touch at all. I'm wondering if the pad is simply broken as I bought it as a used item :(

My last hope is a firmware update if one exists.
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

The company will most likely fix it for free for you. Just write to techsupport@synesthesiacorp.com.
kjo

Post by kjo »

I got the unit serviced locally (they basically cleaned the connections) and I now have a signal going to the virtual brain. Only problem is, the zones seem to playing erratically. When I hold the middle of the pad in calibration mode it doesn't seem to respond, but If I tap the centre a few times it says calibrated, however the erratic response seems to remain. Any suggestions?
mandrake717

Post by mandrake717 »

Tech support has been really helpful (and fast) the few times I've had questions about my pads. You should try them.
kjo

Post by kjo »

I have emailed tech support. Hopefully get a response soon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

kjo,

We checked with Tech Support and they have not received an email from you.

Please resend to: techsupport@synesthesiacorp.com

Thanks!