Mandala doesnt work with Virtual Brain BUT with Reason, why?

Deepsoul

Mandala doesnt work with Virtual Brain BUT with Reason, why?

Post by Deepsoul »

The Mandala does work with Propellerheads Reason, but it doesn't work with Virtual Brain anymore.
Neither with the old version, nor with Version 3.0

I didn't move the folder, or deleted or renamed anything in it.
The update was made in the right way (with drag and drop)
I tried to install the software again with no success.
With 3 different USB-Cables.

What's wrong?
Could it be a driver problem?

In the list "machines and printers" (right name? it's no english windows..)
the Pad is found as MandalaDrum2834 and the driver information is:
Date: 19.11.2010
Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Signature: Microsoft

My system: Two different PCs with both Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. The Pad is Version mk 2.9

Note: In the first few days I played the mandala and it worked fine!
:cry:

Please help!
Alex
turnkee

Re: Mandala doesnt work with Virtual Brain BUT with Reason,

Post by turnkee »

It's not a driver issue because the Mandala uses standard drivers that are built in to your OS whether it's Windows or OSX.

Do you have a v2.0 (purple) or mk2.9 (grey) Mandala? Sounds like you have v2.0 and it's not configured correctly. If you want to use your v2.0 with the newest Virtual Brain you have to go to the download page of mandaladrum.com and get the v2.0 Converter Utility and run it on your pad so it is configured for the new software.

With the old software you still need to configure your pad by making sure it is selected in the Main window by clicking on the purple Pad 1 picture and then loading a preset so a config loads into your pad. Right now your pad is stranded in a strange configuration and it is sending MIDI to your other programs like Reason but the MIDI it is sending to the Virtual Brain is the wrong config so the program doesn't do anything with it.
Deepsoul

Re: Mandala doesnt work with Virtual Brain BUT with Reason,

Post by Deepsoul »

Hallo turnkee

my Mandala is mk 2.9
and the Software (now) is v3.0

You said with the old software i could fix the problem, and whats the trick with the v3.0 Brain?
I have chosen mandala to pad 1in driver-menu, the button on/off is on, a sound is loaded into pad 1.

Nothing happens..
Calibration mode also doesn't run

Ahhrghh..