multiple notes triggered

kjo

multiple notes triggered

Post by kjo »

Have any of you experienced this issue? When I hit the pad it sometimes triggers two or three notes right after each other. This is mostly when tapping the pad with my fingers, not so much with the sticks. Is this a software or hardware issue? Is there some setting I'm missing in the vb? I know you can change polyphony of the sound but it still has the same effect when polyphony is at 1, that is, the sample will trigger two or three times with one tap.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
badrobot

Re: multiple notes triggered

Post by badrobot »

I wish I could help you out, but I have never encountered this problem.
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

Mandalas were originally designed around stick playing and since there are separate trigger zones about every millimeter from the center to the edge your fingertip is probably rolling over multiple zones because it is pressed down on the surface for too long when you hit it. Try tapping it really quickly instead, as if you were playing a tabla. The quicker the finger hit the better. That works for me.
kjo

Post by kjo »

thanks for the reply, Since I have never used another Mandala pad before I wasn't sure if this was the correct behaviour when tapping with the fingers. So its normal? I was comparing it to the wavedrum but realise they are quite different beasts.

Thanks, K.
rich

Post by rich »

Hi there,
Did you ever find out any more about this?i am also experiencing multiple notes being triggered in battery playing with hands.

Regards,
Rich