Question for all the Battery 3 peeps

Slabwax

Question for all the Battery 3 peeps

Post by Slabwax »

I've just started using B3 with my Mandalas and drumkat. The question is, does anyone know how long of a sample I can drop into each cell? I'd like to use B3 as a phrase sampler play back program. I'd like to work with up to 5 min long field recordings, even longer would by great. thanks in advance

Dean
launch54321

Re: Question for all the Battery 3 peeps

Post by launch54321 »

Pretty sure there is no limit to how long a sample will play in a Battery 3 cell. The thing that you'll need to watch out for is using up all your voices by triggering other cells and then your extended sample gets cut off before it's done playing. Look into Voice Groups and things like that in the Battery 3 Manual. There's probably a way to isolate a cell from being cut off by voice constraints.
MoonGreyBlue

Post by MoonGreyBlue »

Hi guys,

Isn't a single-cell sample considered "one voice" - from a polyphony perspective, regardless of it's duration?

I don't recall the actual polyphony capabilities of Battery 3 off-the-top of my head; perhaps it's "32 voice" polyphony?

i.e.; the max number of cell-samples/sounds Battery 3 can play simultaneously = 32

Assign one single-cell, 5-minute sample - and assign as many other Battery 3 cells (as the software allows) with varying envelope lengths - as long as the max-polyphony isn't exceeded, the samples should "sound" as you trigger them - subject to your individual and master settings.

But, I'm just guessing.
Slabwax

Post by Slabwax »

Thanks for the replies.