Need a copy of Battery 3!!

DrawingCircle

Need a copy of Battery 3!!

Post by DrawingCircle »

Hello ladies and gents!

Firstly, I have just received my 2x 2.9's and a Synapse and am already incredibly happy to be a part of this community.

I am just wondering if anyone knows where I might pick up a copy of Battery 3 (Mac)? I have searched long and hard but have come up with nothing. I emailed NI directly and they said they are not authorised to sell old versions of software so I am a bit stuck.

I live in Townsville, Queensland, Australia, but I would be very willing to pay for any sort of delivery if anyone knows where I can get a copy.

Also, does Battery 4 have the same reputation as Battery 3? ie Will it work as well with the Mandalas?

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers.
saucehp

Re: Need a copy of Battery 3!!

Post by saucehp »

DC,

Battery 4 is amazeballs!!
Get as soon as you can.
You can purchase online via the website.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... 4/pricing/

It's like a more efficient and concise ableton live for edrums.
Saying that - you can do more with Ableton live if you have it already, especially if you have max4live - then the sky is the limit.

Regards
Sauce.
cju

Post by cju »

Anyone heard about anything about Mandala presets for Battery 4? I love what they did with the Battery 3 presets
saucehp

Post by saucehp »

I've not heard anything.
I did ask when inquiring about the battery 3 presets and the compatibility with mk2.9.

It would possibly be fruitful to start a share-space of presets - though piracy laws would prevent sharing the samples ( unless open source ).
** my 2 cents worth of advice. if you are using multiple applications, make sure you have your channel and cc numbers set so it works across all e.g. i had made a bunch of instruments in battery and live with the standard settings. I then need to switch them for positional sensing in Superior drummer.
Now i have had to manually change all my presets - absolute bore !! :shock:

I have to admit i am having better and much more intuitive/instantaneous results with abelton live 8/9.
Batteries navigation is somewhat to be desired and the effects are limited. However using it purely as a drum brain is great.
That said Battery 4 is a more stable platform as an all in one.

S.