Mandala 2.9 quite insensitive

Alex

Mandala 2.9 quite insensitive

Post by Alex »

Hi all,

I purchased my Mandala 2.9 from the very first day it has been released but all these years I have been using my old Mandala 2.0. Now the 2.0 has a dead spot close to the center so I decided to use the 2.9 instead. I didn't remembered why I didn't use the new Mandala during all this time but I discovered it very soon. The problem is that the Mandala 2.9 is quite insensitive as soon as I hit the pad from the middle of the membrane to the outer rings (from position CC 64 to 127). I have to hit the pad very hard to get velocity values above 20! This makes the pad completely useless for me. I have tried to loosen and tighten the screws but I didn't get a better behavior.

Does anybody had a similar problem? Any help is welcome.

Thank you so much in advance.
launch54321

Re: Mandala 2.9 quite insensitive

Post by launch54321 »

Have you tried assigning different velocity curves to your Mid-Out and Edge zones? You can do that under the Shape tab of those zones in the VB program. You can even draw your own curve on the Tools page and save it and assign it. Other programs usually have velocity curve assignment capability also. If you can't get above 20 though that is pretty low. Maybe your pad needs service.

Looks like the newest version of the pad is going to use force sensing for velocity instead of a piezo. That will be a big change!
Alex

Post by Alex »

launch54321 wrote:Have you tried assigning different velocity curves to your Mid-Out and Edge zones? You can do that under the Shape tab of those zones in the VB program. You can even draw your own curve on the Tools page and save it and assign it. Other programs usually have velocity curve assignment capability also. If you can't get above 20 though that is pretty low. Maybe your pad needs service.

Looks like the newest version of the pad is going to use force sensing for velocity instead of a piezo. That will be a big change!
Thank you so much for your quick response.

I always use the Mandala on his own, I mean, without the Virtual Brain software. Is there any way to save these velocity curves per zone into Mandalas' internal memory or I have to use the Virtual Brain if I want to keep these different velocity curves per zone?

I tried to adjust every screw to the same tension and now the response is almost the same in the whole pad. Not perfect yet but a great improvement!

Thanks again
launch54321

Post by launch54321 »

That's good that you got it a lot better.

The velocity curves you set in the VB software are only for the software, not the pad. Most programs let you set velocity curves though. I use NI Battery and in there you can set a different curve for every cell that gets triggered. You might be able to do something like that with whatever program you're using.
Alex

Post by Alex »

launch54321 wrote:That's good that you got it a lot better.

The velocity curves you set in the VB software are only for the software, not the pad. Most programs let you set velocity curves though. I use NI Battery and in there you can set a different curve for every cell that gets triggered. You might be able to do something like that with whatever program you're using.
OK. Thanks a lot.
Roger_Drums

Post by Roger_Drums »

If your interested in selling either of your Mandalas would you please let me know?
thanks Roger
503 547 3102