Old Drum New Tricks - Help

woodjer02

Old Drum New Tricks - Help

Post by woodjer02 »

All/Admin,

Seeking a little knowledge about using my mk2.9 pad and Battery 4. I've used both together for many years, but have never tried this... Trying to build a preset in Battery that will allow pitch bending based on the midi cc number. If I understand correctly, the Mandala is outputting 128 different positions based on where its hit. Is it possible to use this to create pitch bending of the drum sample from center to edge? I think one of the old Mandala official YouTube vids shows this concept be played on a blue mk2 pad at a trade show. I think its possible, I just don't know enough about Battery to make it happen.... yet. Appreciate any help and looking forward to the chance to get my hands on V3!

Thanks,

Jerrod
woodjer02

Re: Old Drum New Tricks - Help

Post by woodjer02 »

I did figure out how to do this with Battery 4 and the Mandala Virtual Brain software.

Open preferences in Virtual Brain and determine which midi CC channel is being used by your mandala. (in my case is was cc110) Then in Battery 4 go to the Modulation tab, Modulation Slots, and select midi CC and input the midi CC number that was displayed in VB (110). This will tell Battery which midi CC channel to monitor for data coming from the mandala pad. Then use the CC to adjust pitch, volume, pan, filters, etc. Quite a few ways the CC data can manipulate the sample sounds in Battery.

Hope this helps someone.

J