Battery 3 configuration for multiple Mandala pads

Ak-Rev

Battery 3 configuration for multiple Mandala pads

Post by Ak-Rev »

Greetings,

Seeking help on how to configure Battery 3 for multiple Mandala pads.

I've had success with triggering unique samples from cells in Battery 3 for Key Range C3, C#3, D3, D#3, E3 and F3 (Center, Mid-in, Mid-out, Edge, Rim and Xstick, respectively) on three of my four Mandala pads using MIDI channels 1, 2 and 3. Cells using MIDI channel 4 are not triggered by any of the four Mandala pads. I have set the Preference window in Mandala VB for pad #4 to MIDI Output Channel 4 (confidence level is low on saving this preference to pad's internal memory). Pad #4 will only trigger F3 sample across all zones using MIDI channel Omni.

How to configure Battery 3 so that each pad will trigger unique samples across all six zones?

Thanks!
turnkee

Re: Battery 3 configuration for multiple Mandala pads

Post by turnkee »

Your Pad #4 is triggering F3 no matter where you hit it because you need to loosen the 9 lugs a little bit and raise the rim (by like 1mm). Every hit on that pad is registering as a Xstick (F3). Also, because the lugs need to be loosened your Preferences settings aren't saving in the pad because it is activated all the time.
Ak-Rev

Post by Ak-Rev »

Yup, that was the issue.

Thank you Turnkee and Techsupport for the speedy and spot on remedy.

For the community, a 3/32 Hex key/wrench or Allen key/wrench fit the lugs.

Happy drumming.
TJungus

Post by TJungus »

Hey guys,

Can I get a brief description on setting up the zones in Battery 3? I have 2 pads and would like to be able to take advantage of having multiple sounds on both pads. I believe I understand how to map the sounds to the pads but they are both playing the mapped notes, like I need to specify the different pads somehow. Thank you for taking the time to unpack this a little bit.

Jungus
Ak-Rev

Post by Ak-Rev »

Hi TJungus,

Yes, you must specify your pads in order to play multiple sounds on two or more pads in Battery.

The brief description is RTFM :P

First, Mandala VB, File, Preferences, Choose a Mandala mk2.9 e.g. [pad 1], Midi Output Channel e.g. [1], close. Where pad 1 is one of your unique Mandala pad serial numbers. Repeat for pad 2. (See page 33 of the manual)

Next Battery 3, Drum Sample Matrix determine how you wish to matrix your pads, i.e. pad 1 in rows or columns.
Then Edit Pane - Cell tab, map Midi 1 for pad 1 and Midi 2 for pad 2.
Then map the Drum Sample Matrix cells by the key range C3, C#3, D3, D#3, E3 and F3 for the different Mandala zones for each pad represented in the Drum Sample Matrix as you defined it. (See Battery 3 Manual - perform search for Midi).

Hope this helps.

Happy drumming.