The Forum is Up and Running

admin
Site Admin

The Forum is Up and Running

Post by admin »

As we approach Mandala Drum V3 becoming available the old Mandala forums have been restored. There will be a new Mandala website coming into existence with the V3 but these forums will remain in place, including one for the V3, and eventually Pipes when it is made widely available.

Regarding previous pads (V2 and mk2.9) and the old Virtual Brain software, the Virtual Brain programs made for the V2 (purple rim) and mk2.9 (gray rim) aren't compatible with newer Mac OS's. Please keep in mind though that the VB program was created as free software to show off the MIDI capabilities of the Mandala, but you can use Mandala pads as MIDI controllers with any software (LIVE, Kontakt, Garage Band, Logic, Battery, etc.) because the pads are standard class-compliant USB MIDI devices. Your pad should be recognized in Device Manager of any Windows machine or in the MIDI window of Audio MIDI Setup of any Mac. If your Mandala needs to be calibrated however you can do that with the Virtual Brain program on an older Mac OS (OS X 10.11 or earlier) or older Win. If your pad is not recognized as noted above by any OS, old or new, it could be out of commission for any number of reasons. We will not be able to repair those old Mandalas at least until the global chip shortage has eased up.

There is a chance that we might circle around to updating the old V2 and mk2.9 Virtual Brain programs at some point. Keep in mind that the new V3 pad will not include any software but rather presets for most popular existing audio programs such as the ones listed above. The V3's MIDI configuration out-of-the-box will be compatible with those presets. The V3 will also include a configuration program for advanced users who would like to change any of its parameters. Finally, any old or new Mandalas will also be compatible with our Pipes audio platform hardware device which will have a retail release following Mandala V3. There will be a 'Mandala Drum Brain' app for Pipes coming down the line as well.
woodjer02

Re: The Forum is Up and Running

Post by woodjer02 »

I was incredibly happy to login and see some new information concerning the release of V3!! Is there any more information available at this point as to when it will become available and or how to get in line for a few of them?!

Thanks!

Jerrod
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Testing is going very well with the newest V3 units as we ramp up to having all aspects ready for a limited production run. Expect some video clips of great drummers taking the pad for a spin soon. We're having a blast and learning a lot by seeing and hearing how each player's style projects onto and through the Mandala V3 and how it benefits their drumming.
woodjer02

Post by woodjer02 »

Great to hear. Can't wait! I submitted my email address to the wait list.
Thank you for the update.
dekoca42

Post by dekoca42 »

Oh my am I excited to have the opportunity to purchase one or more of these!!! So excited to see recent postings on here concerning the v3!!!! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A version of the Virtual Brain for Mac (up to OS X 12.5 Monterey) is now available for download at https://synesthesiacorp.com/downloads. I've done a fair amount of testing, but let me know how it goes and I'll make any necessary adjustments.